How to Wear a Bold Orange Lip Color
Red on the lips is not the only way people are making a statement this year. Bolder, more colorful and more playful colors are being used and one of those is a bold orange lip color! It’s been spotted worn by people both on the runway and the red carpet.
Join in on the trend by wearing something bright, bold and orange today! You’re probably giving it a second thought right about now because it’s too…let’s say loud. Well, it doesn’t have to be. Here’s a step by step how-to for a complete make-up look with a bold orange lip color – a twist from the classic red lip!
What you’ll need:
Your basic make-up gear like foundation, concealer, powder, eye stuff and of course your orange bullet!
1. Start with a clean face. Apply moisturizer or a primer before putting on any foundation. It’s easier to blend foundation this way. If you’re using your fingers, make sure they’re clean.
2. Apply your favorite foundation evenly. Remember to apply this first and then concealer. This is so you get more coverage with your dark spots.
3. Using a fluffy brush, set your foundation with loose powder or a compact. Setting your make-up makes it last longer. A small amount of powder will do. We wouldn’t want any “cakey-ness”.
4. We’re going to apply neutral eye colors so we can get away with thicker brows. That’s what we’re going to do but you can also just fill them in if you don’t want thick ones. Remember to flick your pencil so the lines are more natural then blend it out.
5. We’re going for something simple so skip contouring your face with a bronzer but it’s ok if you want to contour the sides of your nose.
6. Take a shimmery peach color to highlight underneath your brows. Take another shimmery pink color and apply it on the inner part of your eye to make them look more awake and wider.
7. Now for some eye color! Start by priming your eyes with an cream bronzer. Then set it with a shimmery peach orange eyeshadow color. Concentrate the eyeshadow on the middle part of your eye to make it “pop”. And then blend.
8. Apply a tan color on your crease to emphasize it. Just on the crease, though, and not go any higher. Apply the same color on your lower lashline. Apply your eyeliner closely to the lashline. This is called invisible eyeliner or tight-lining. Then, apply your mascara.
9. Take a bronzy peach blush and apply it on the apples of your cheeks.
10. Highlight the high points of your cheeks with the same color we primed our lids with to give you that healthy glow.
11. Finally, apply your statement orange lip color.
And we are done! It’s simple, easy and quick! This look would be great for a fun night out with the girls. It kind of looks like a pin-up look too, don’t you think?
Or it could just be my head wrap.
Orange compliments almost all skin tones and can be a fun color! All you have to remember is to down-play your eyes and your blush to balance everything out. Dare to go orange?
Latest posts by Mea Pabiona (see all)
- Easy and Bold Temporary Hair Color- Hair Chalking Tutorial – November 14, 2012
- The Adele Make-up Tutorial – October 23, 2012
- The Kirsten Stewart Makeup Tutorial – September 7, 2012