Origin: Made in USA
Review on the Laura Mercier Crushed Hazelnut Blush
- Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Color is a light-as-air, velvety powder blush that sweeps on silky, sheer color easily and evenly.
- Talc, Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Methicone, Zinc Stearate, Silica, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Lauroyl Lysine, Squalane, Phenoxyethanol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Silk Powder (Serica), Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Glycerin, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Coffea Arabica (Coffee) Seed Extract, Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499). (+/-): Carmine (CI 75470), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ferric Ferrocyanide (Ci 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140)..
- Take a bit of the product and apply it on the apples of your cheeks, building the color-up as desired.
- Available on Amazon.com and Ebay.com.
Review: Laura Mercier Crushed Hazelnut Blush
Giving me Laura
I consider my Laura Mercier crushed hazelnut blush a “collector’s item”. I would not normally buy drugstore brands unless enticed and this particular blush was given to me by a friend. It was one of those “just coz” gifts which I wholeheartedly appreciated. It’s Laura Mercier! Everybody loves Laura!
Packaging and Size:
The 4.5g blush comes in a small, shimmery dark chocolate-colored container that comes with a mirror inside. Some reviews of this say that I can pop the blush out and move it to a palette by the same brand but I haven’t quite figured that out yet.
All of the product descriptions online say that it’s velvety soft — SOO TRUE! It’s very light and comfortable on skin — a confirmation of the collection’s name. I usually apply it with just your regular fluffy blush brush and it does feel like second skin. Smooth like a baby’s bottom!
If you’re really in to pink shimmery or peachy shimmery blushes (like I am) then you are going to love the color of the whole Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Color line. Laura Mercier Crushed Hazlenut blush is more on the peachy shimmery side. The shimmer on it is not too dramatic — which I love! It will produce a very natural cheek color with a bit of glow.
The product being mistake-proof is also true! The color is build-able but I don’t think that you could ever make a mistake with this one. Even if you lay it on thick it will still look great! Believe me, I’ve tried.
It’s a mystery, why cosmetic companies would suddenly just discontinue one product or a shade of it. The Laura Mercier Hazelnut Blush is discontinued, sad to say, but the upside is there are still a lot more shades to choose from from the same collection.
To sum up
If you’re not really picky on blush prices and if you’re looking for something that you can use everyday, something that will make you look like you have a natural glow or flush, or something that feels comfortable then go get yourself your very own Laura Mercier Crushed Hazelnut Blush. It’s been discontinued but you can still find some online. I guarantee that you will love this blush to the ends of the earth!
Latest posts by Mea Pabiona (see all)
- Easy and Bold Temporary Hair Color- Hair Chalking Tutorial – November 14, 2012
- The Adele Make-up Tutorial – October 23, 2012
- The Kirsten Stewart Makeup Tutorial – September 7, 2012