Amount 9 ml / 0.30 US fl oz
Origin Made in Belgium
Mac Pro Longwear Concealer Review
- A long-wearing, sweat-resistant, high coverage concealer favored by makeup artists and consumers alike.
- Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Tribehenin, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Methicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Laureth-7, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Sorbic Acid [may contain] (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)
- Apply concealer using a concealer brush after applying moisturizer and primer. Build coverage by adding layers. To use as foundation, dot concealer all over the face and spread with a foundation brush.
- Purchase this item at MAC Cosmetics.
Mac Pro Concealer in NC 20, one pump.
Concealer is one of those things I consider sacred and irreplaceable. A good concealer plays dirty. It can mask a week’s worth of heavy-partying without any trace; take 5 to 10 years off your face without creasing or caking. Mac Pro Longwear is one such a concealer.
A heavy coverage concealer that feels light might be an oxymoron, but you’ve gotta give Mac Pro Longwear the benefit of the doubt. Why? Because no matter how many layers you decide you need that day, you won’t feel like a walking batter-face. There is almost no possibility of cakey with Pro Longwear, maybe unless you do like 7 layers. Coverage-wise it is only second to Shu Uemura’s Pro Gel Concealer, but coverage is buildable.
What I really like about Mac Pro Longwear Concealer is how it behaves like oil foundation but functions like water-based foundation. With a quality foundation brush, this concealer spreads like a dream. Pro Longwear gives such incredible coverage that you’ll be tempted to double this as foundation. I know I did lol.
On bad break-out days *sob*, I wore three layers of Pro Longwear on my entire face as foundation and it felt like I only have one layer on. Not to mention, I have a layer of sunscreen beneath it! My skin feels like it could breathe even beneath all those layer. Best of all, it did not cause any new bumps after I remove it at night. Pro Long wear is oil-free after all. It has a silicone base but does not feel silicon-y and thick like most BB creams.
Matte coverage- 1 layer
Another spectacular quality I just have to sing praises about is its exceptional oil-control. For someone with oily skin, I managed to wear this concealer as foundation alone without any powder and touch-ups for a 12-hr day. Okay, I blotted once but that’s it. I know, that’s pretty crazy isn’t it? Perhaps the use of an amazing primer could be a factor (thank you Lush Grease Lighting!), but Pro Longwear’s oil-free formulation must be the key reason for its sebum control magic!
The formula contains skin moisturizer and conditioners like vitamin E, sodium hyaluronate and glycerin which makes it hydrating enough for oily-skin gals to skip moisturizer. However, dry skin ladies should back this concealer up with moisturizer to avoid flakey skin.
MAC makes a seriously good concealer. Pro Longwear is without added rubbish like talc and parabens. Despite having 3 types of cones (trimethicone, dimethicone and methicone) swimming somewhere in the middle of the ingredient list, Pro Longwear delivers what it says. It banishes skin demons like blemishes dark circles with clever layering. It does this without feeling like you have just buried them 10 feet under. It even wears all day even without powder.
If there was a con for me about this product, I would say it will be the packaging. Pro Longwear comes in a glass bottle with a pump dispenser. Controlling the amount you dispense could be an issue. A full pump dispenses quite a lot of product at once, which means you’ll have to use it all up in a go. This shouldn’t be a problem for people who apply many layers. Apparently, doing half pumps for this is an acquired skill. It comes in a tiny glass vial and has a bit of weight so it might not sit well for travelers. I, for one, appreciate the glass as opposed to a cheap-feeling plastic tube.
MAC gives you 9ml for the price. The concealer looks like a sample size for the foundation but considering how much coverage you get per pump, the tiny bottle will last you quite a while. That is, unless you wear it as foundation like I do.
- Extremely long wearing
- Oil-free, Talc-free and Paraben Free
- Excellent oil-control
- Good coverage, layer-able for excellent coverage
- Spreads easily- can be worn as foundation
- Good amount of product for the price
- Long list of MAC shades to fit all skintones
- Can be drying but this can be solved by applying moisturizer first
- Glass packaging
- Pump dispenser dispenses a quite the load of product
Mac Pro Longwear Concealer Review,