Nicole Scherzinger Makeup Tutorial – Easy Smokey Eye Look
Hi everyone! Today I’m going to show you how to do an easy smokey eye look such as the one Nicole Scheringer wears because it’s perfect for the holiday season if you want to feel a bit more glammed up!
1. Prep your face with your favorite moisturizer and leave it to set for a few minutes. Mine works best if applied directly before putting on foundation, to help give me that dewy finish.
2. Next put on a medium-heavy coverage foundation. I’m choosing my MAC Face and Body Foundation because I’m loving it right now and the coverage is buildable the more you buff it in. We’re going for that flawless look!
3. Conceal any blemishes and redness around the nose, but leave your undereyes free. We’ll get to that in a bit.
4. Apply a primer on your lids. I’m using the Urban Decay Primer Potion because I find that it works well with the Urban Decay eyeshadows, which I’m going to be using in this tutorial.
5. Apply a light gold eyeshadow over the first half of your lids. Take it all the way down to the tearduct area.
6. Take a taupe colored eyeshadow and run that on the outer half of your lid, coming up to slightly above the crease. Nicole tends to wear her eyeshadow a bit high up.
7. Blend out any harsh lines from the taupe eyeshadow.
8. Apply a medium-toned brown color on top of the taupe eyeshadow.
9. Apply a very dark brown color near the lashes and slightly wing it out. Pull the color up and smudge it so that the line isn’t too harsh. Using a fluffy brush, blend that line upwards so that it just adds a bit more definition to the wing without it being a harsh line like a eyeliner.
10. Use a pencil brush to apply a small amount of the same brown eyeshadow under the eyes as well, close to the lash line.
11. Take your favorite liquid or gel liner and apply a thin line as close to the lash line as you can. Slightly wing it out.
12. Curl your lashes and apply mascara. I recommend putting on some false eyelashes towards the outer corners of the eye to emphasize the wing.
** I skipped this step because I’ll be putting on contacts later on and mascara tends to irritate my eyes. 🙂
13. Apply a lighter toned concealer to your undereye circles and to the brow bone to highlight. This will also clean up some of the mess from smudging the taupe and black shadows.
14. Do your brows. Nicole’s eyebrows are long and slightly arched, and quite heavy.
15. Powder your face to set the foundation and concealer. Just push the brush into the skin instead of sweeping it across in circular motions so as not to disrupt the concealer and foundation.
16. Take a matte bronzing powder and contour the hollows of your cheeks, temples and sides of your nose. Nicole contours the sides of her nose to make it appear thinner.
17. Apply blush above the bronzer and take it high up between your hairline and your eyes.
18. Apply a nude lip liner and lipstick. Don’t forget the lip gloss!
And you’re done! Enjoy and happy holidays!
Latest posts by Patricia Ramos (see all)
- Nicole Scherzinger Makeup Tutorial – Easy Smokey Eye Look – December 12, 2012
- Revlon Really Red Lipstick Review – September 5, 2012
- How to Apply Makeup for Photoshoots – August 21, 2012