Origin: Made in Taiwan
Nyx Round Lipstick Pumpkin Pie Review
- A lipstick that's creamy and moisturizing yet still stays true to it's color when applied on the lips.
- Ceresin Wax, Polyethlene Wax, Microcrystalline Wax, Beeswax, Lanoline Oil, Isopropyl Myristate, Mineral Oils, Octyl Palmitate, BHA, Propyl Paraben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, D&C Red No.A1 Lake, Pearl Powder, Iron Oxide..
- Apply evenly on your lips. Can be topped off with lip gloss.
- Available at the official Nyxcosmetics website and at Amazon.com.
Nyx round lipstick Pumpkin Pie: perfectly nude?
Similar to finding that perfect black dress, often times, finding the perfect nude lipstick (or lippie, if you want to be cute) can be time consuming. Personally, I’ve gone through a lot of lipstick bullets and I would always change my mind about what I thought was the perfect nude lip color. I could never really just stick to one shade or just one brand.
I found out about NYX cosmetics while watching a Youtube Video of Michelle Phan. She was using a Jumbo Nyx Pencil on her eyes. I Googled it and found out that they have an amazing color selection for their round lipsticks. Well, this is what caught my eye because they were affordable.
If you’ve read any of my other articles, you probably would guess what’s going to happen next. Yep, after a few months of doing research — and by that I mean going through every contact I have of local online sellers to check if they have “the goods” — I finally got my fix. I ordered a couple of NYX stuff online; the Nyx Roundlipstick Pumpkin Pie included.
What I love about it…
The thing that I love most about it is the color. It is such a pretty skintone color with a hint of peach or pink. In the picture, it may look really pink but it’s definitely a perfect mix when you see it in person. It totally worked when I paired it with dramatic smokey eyes!
It glides on perfectly and it’s perfect for the weather in the Philippines — where it’s mostly summer, most of the time. It did not dry my lips out and the smell…hhhmmm; I can’t really put my finger on it but I actually enjoy it. I haven’t eaten (or smelt) Pumpkin Pie before so I can’t really say if they smell the same (lol).
What I don’t like about it…
It could just be the hot weather in my country but I found that came off rather easily. I wore the Nyx Roundlipstick in Pumpkin Pie at the office once but it lasted for about two or three hours. I’d have to say that this observation is very subjective and it might not be the same with other lippie enthusiasts. I would have liked it to be a little less creamy though.
Can you spot the difference? It’s on, really! It’s so nude that it actually blends with my skin tone pretty well. The finish is satin but I found that you have to let it sit first before you put on lip gloss.
I would definitely purchase this again! Mine’s almost finished!!
How was your experience? Talk to you soon.
Latest posts by Mea Pabiona (see all)
- Easy and Bold Temporary Hair Color- Hair Chalking Tutorial – November 14, 2012
- The Adele Make-up Tutorial – October 23, 2012
- The Kirsten Stewart Makeup Tutorial – September 7, 2012